Monday, July 4, 2011

Conversatoins with guests: Holiday Edition!

Phone rings, I answer:

Thank you for Calling the Eden Roc Inn & Suites. This is Tara, how may I assist you?

What's the name of this place?

(In a louder volume, thinking maybe they just couldn't hear very well) The Eden Roc Inn & Suites.

Oh, okay. It's the right place. Umm, can I talk to Mr. Luis.

Okay, (checks the computer for a guest by that name) I'm sorry I don't have anyone by that name here. Is that his last name?

No it's his name.

Okay, well what is his last name?

I don't know, his name is Luis.

Okay, well without a last name, I can't find who you are looking for.

Well, he works there, the guy at the desk.

I don't have anyone that works here named Luis, not even anything close to Luis.

Oh, well I want to make a reservation but I was to talk to him. He's a mexican guy, with brown hair. he speaks spanish.

Okay well that describes all but 2 guys that work at the desk.

Oh, but I need to talk to him. He's the guy that works at the desk.

Well "Luis" doesn't work here. And I am the only girl that works in the front office, so I don't really know who you are looking for.

Well can you tell me all of the names of the people that work there, maybe I will remember his name.

(Didn't she just say his name was Luis?!) I'm sorry ma'am, I can't give the names of all of our employees to you. You can call back later and see if you get a hold of who you are looking for.

Okay, well can you tell me when he's going to be there?

Ma'am, I don't know who you are looking for so how can I tell you when he will be here?

But I need to talk to him!

Ma'am, I'm sorry, I can help you make the reservation if you would like.

No, I need Luis.

Then I am sorry, I can't help you.

Okay, well I will call back later for him.

Okay, have a great day.



Serisouly, I'm not kidding, this is how my Independence Day has been since 7am. Nothing but interaction like this, both on the phone and in person. Its been a rough rough day, and I still have 2 hours left.

1 comment: