Sunday, June 5, 2011

The true life tellings of my life in the Hotel Business

When I started out in hotels working Front Desk/Guest Services at a very large 4-Diamond hotel (not sure I can say the name of it and not get in trouble for the things I will discuss) back in 2006, I never thought I'd still be working in hotels five years later in a different position at a different hotel. But when you find something that is challenging, rewarding, incredibly trying, humorous, difficult, and easy all at the same time, its pretty hard to leave. Especially when you are good at it. There are days that make you want to rip your hair out or run over pedestrians with your car on the way through the parking lot, and there are days that leave you smiling and laughing, and wishing you could have stayed longer. I guess you get that with any job really but its the experiences that make us feel that way that make it so interesting. And working a hotel front desk is an experience like no other. I can only hope that I will be able to accurately recount the interactions of my days so that you will fully understand the life we lead in the Hospitality and Tourism industry. And for my "brothers and sisters" who I currently work with, or have worked with in the past, I can only thank each and every one of you for teaching me the things you have taught me. Regardless of how small or simple it may have been, each of you has taught me something and it has made me who I am today.

Now, I do not in any way intend for this to be an all out "bitch-out session" or anything negative. I tend to see things on the lighter-side and I naturally have a very happy, sarcastic nature, so I do apologize in advance if my sarcasm comes across as nastiness or negativity. If already know me, then you should be used to it by now. If you don't, then you will soon enough. Honestly, its just my sense of humor. If you can't see the funny in a situation, try harder because it is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment